Roast Chicken (Citysuper)
1. Chicken 1.3kg
2. Parsley 1 branch
3. Fresh thyme 1 sprig
4. Vegetable oil 2tbsp.
5. Butter 2tbsp.
7. Freshly ground white pepper Granish
8. Potatoes 3pcs
9. Fresh rosemary 1 sprig
1. Tuck parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper into the cavity and truss the chicken. Rub the oil over the skin of the bird and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Place the chicken in a baking pan and cook in a 220C pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, basting the bird with its juices several times during the cooking.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven. Carve and arrange it on a warm serving platter. Pour excess of fat from the tray, then deglaze with some chicken stock or water, stirring with a wooden spoon to detach the browned bits that stick to the bottom, and let simmer briefly. Pour into a sauceboat.
* Garnish with roasted potatoes and fresh rosemary.