Paella with Clams, Serrano Ham & Chorizo Sausage (City’super)
Ingredients (Serve 8 ):
1. 120ml olive oil
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 5 cloves garlic
4. 115g chorizo sausage, casing removed
5. 1 medium red pepper, 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
6. 2 large tomatoes, skinned, seeded & chopped
7. 450g rice
8. 1L chicken broth
9. 1 tsp turmeric
10. 1/4 tsp saffron
11. 1/4 tsp dried oregano
12. 400g clams, drained
13. 1 tbsp chopped parsley
14. lemon wedges
15. salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion & sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic & cook for several minutes more.
2. Drop in chorizo sausage & cook for 5 minutes. Mix in peppers & tomatoes, reduce heat to low, cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Stir in rice, increase heat to medium, sauté for 5 minutes. Pour in broth, turmeric, saffron, oregano, salt & pepper to taste, cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Add in clams, ham & parsley to cook until all liquid had been absorbed & rice is tender. Garnish with lemon wedges.