Deep-dish pizza dough
This recipe produceds a deep and spongy base
1×10 in deep-dish pizza base
2 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp rapid-rise dried yeast
2/3 cup lukewarm water
2tbsp oive oil
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl
2 stir in the yeast
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the water and oil and mix with a spoon to a soft dough
4. Knead the doug on a lightly floured surface for a bout 10 minutes until smooth and elastic
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Punch down the dough. Turn on to a lighly floured surface and knead again for 2-3 minutes. Roll out the dough to fit a greased 10 in deep-dish pizza pan or square cake pan
let the dough prove for 10 minutes, then add the topping. Alternativel, shape and place on a greased baking sheet.