Cheese & Potato Croquettes (City’super)
Ingredients (Serve 4):
1. 900g potatoes
2. 2 egg yolks
3. 55g butter
4. salt & freshly ground blackpepper
5. Pinch of nutmeg
6. Dash of sherry
7. 55g grated Parmesan
8. pinch of dry mustard
9. 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
10. seasoned flour
11. 2 eggs beaten with little milk
13. parsley to garnish
1. Peel potato, diced cut.
2. Cook in salted water until soft, then drain. Cook covered over low heat to dry out, keep stirring.
3. Place potato in food processor with yolks, butter & seasoning. Mix in nutmeg, sherry, Parmesan, mustard & parsley.
4. Mould the mix in cylinder shapes, measuring 13 by 5 cm. Roll in seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg & coat with breadcrumbs.
5. Deep-fry in hot oil. When golden, drain well & serve, garnish with parsley.